Sunday, November 7, 2010

Felix

A toothless grin from Felix Pelix. He found the container I keep his lost teeth in and asked what was in it. He believes there is a tooth fairy, so I didn't want to spoil it for him. He said, "I know they are teeth." I lied, like a good mother should, and said, "No they're pieces of something that broke." I'm not good on the spot. I quickly changed the subject. Sometimes it's a good thing that Felix is easily distracted.

Oh, the joys of peer pressure. Felix does not like things touching him. He is constantly itching himself, complaining about an itchy tag, or squirmming to get away from a hand hold. At school, he has seen his peers wearing these silly bands. He acquired one at church and made himself wear it until he said, "It doesn't bother me much any more!" He loved this silly band so much it broke, but we had to tie it to fix it because he wanted to wear it to school. He did wear it to school where it was confiscated by his teacher because he couldn't stop fidgeting with it.
Felix has started piano lessons. I thought he would enjoy them because he has often said he wants to be a jazz pianist. However, he has realized that a lot of work goes into getting to that skill level, and he isn't thrilled about lessons anymore. See picture below...
Felix is finding joy in art these days. He created this rock dinosaur after returning home from the dinosaur museum. Art is his favorite class in school. He recently won an art contest at school for the best Anti-Drug picture in Kindergarten. I'll post a picture of it when he brings it home.

1 comment:

  1. ahahahaha! Sounds like Isaac and Felix are a lot alike. It works to my advantage that Isaac thinks like Steve...and they "just somehow don't pick up on certain details" if I don't want them to. ahaha It's fun these guys! And Felix...Isaac loves jass, too. He is practicing piano so he can be a great jazz musician like you. You could tickle the ivory together one day........that' sounds creepy. aha

    aunt Izzy

    ReplyDelete