I decided to attempt photos of the kids together. I always have high hopes when we are getting dressed for photos, but then my amateur photo skills end up frustrating me in the end! I really need to take time to get to know my camera and editing software. How do you moms out there find the time to do this?? The days are too short in my house! Anyway, here are some of the pictures I managed to get. I would love some editing tips from anyone out there who wants to share!
The first shot of the day

I like this one...minus the poor editing technique :P

The majority of my shots ended like this

This little girl was the biggest trouble maker

The boys were great models


Maybe the best shot...?? Look at the camera, REX!!

Everyone's looking in the same direction, but all I can see are Rex's nostrils. This is his, "I am so done with pictures" smile.

I'm hanging this one on my wall

Felix has always been so photogenic

I love the dirty fingernails

I know someone with fierce editing skills can make this photo great...Help??

She's my toughest model

The end of the photo shoot ended in the fountain
These are great. Can't help you with the editing, sorry. I love the one of them walking with Daphne crawling...it's classic!
ReplyDeleteHmm..I was writing a post and now it's gone. I was saying to shoot in RAW. It uses more space per photo on your memory card but you will have more freedoms once the photo is on your computer and RAW records colors, etc better than JPEG. Also, shoot in Manual or something other than AUTO if you aren't already.
ReplyDeleteHey Margie I think these look great! It does take a while to get to know your camera. I still feel like I have tons to learn. When you guys come to Utah we can play with our cameras.
ReplyDeleteCan I say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your photos. They are real and soooo fun, and funny to me. I think these will mean more to the kiddos when they can look back 'cause a photo says 1000 words. I can actually "see" their personalities from these pics. I ♥ them. Keep up the good work Margie! Love you!
ReplyDeleteizzy
Hey Margie! I found your blog through Ali's (yes, I blog stalk!) These pictures are cute! I feel the same way about editing photos too! It is great to just have the memories (well, that is what I keep telling myself).
ReplyDeleteOh, and I LOVE the one where they are all looking in the same direction... even if Rex is flaring his nostrils. ;)
Great job on the pics Margie! Your kids are great models compared to some of the pics I've tried to take of my kids. You've seen the smiles I'm talking about...I thought it would be so easy to take pics with a good camera, but children sometimes make it so difficult! Why can't they sit still? Why can't they smile naturally or pretend I'm not there with a camera in their face?
ReplyDeleteIt's funny because just tonight I've been browsing pics of your boys from this summer for the calendar and I couldn't find many of them looking at the camera. haha. Maybe I'll borrow some of these you posted!!!
I love these! My fav is the one you are hanging on your wall. Beautiful kids Merge.
ReplyDeleteMargie, I think the fact that you even tried to take pictures puts you in the running for mother of the year. I have to comment on Felix and the tooth Fairy, because we have had a lot of drama lately with Riley and fictious characters. I had to let them know the truth about the Easter Bunny years ago, because I felt down right stupid trying to convince her that a bunny hopped into our house and left treats. Lately she has questioned the tooth fairy and santa. The other day she ended up in tears because she just "didn't know" if santa was real or if it was us. I felt bad so I took her in the other room and told her about us. I told her to keep it a secret from the little girls and from kids at school because they probably still believe. She has been good about it ever since, like I lifted a weight off her - like having to wonder about it was just too much for her. I feel so bad about taking that magic away, but I also felt bad "lying" to her about it. She is too smart. It is just wierd when they plain out ask you about it. I am sad that she doesnt believe anymore. Unlike Felix, she IS NOT easily distracted. You will have to let me know if Felix keeps asking!
ReplyDelete