Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Best

Sunday mornings are chaotic at best. With Scott at church early attending to his Bishoply duties, and me being a "not at all morning person", I find it hard to get out of bed early enough to get the children and myself fed and dressed, the church bag packed and literally wrangle the children into the car with enough time left over to breath. This morning was no exception, except that Scott was home to deal with Rex's major temper tantrum that lasted at least 30 minutes...probably longer. So, in order to get it all done, it is necessary to pass some responsibilities on to the children. One thing in their jurisdiction is dressing themselves. This morning, this is what they proudly donned.

Felix is wearing a V-neck sweater with a neck tie. He didn't think it necessary to wear a collared shirt. For Felix, a necktie is a matter of function, not formality. It gives him something to play with during church...i.e. roll it up around his finger and pretend it's a gun. He is wearing his Chuck Taylors because his church shoes "mysteriously" disappeared. (The photo at the top is another '"fashion forward" Sunday look of his.)

Rex is wearing his favorite (so he calls it today) sweater with a plunging neck line. He refused to zip it up. He is also wearing his Batman socks.

Daphne looks cute now, but it didn't take long before her white sweater was covered in purple puke, so that had to be removed at church. She did have ruffled socks on, but those didn't last long either.
And I don't know why I bother to wear black...I was covered in muck before we even left the house.

I guess what's important is that we made it to church. Regardless of how hard it is to get there or even with the circus act that ensues while we're there, at least we go. It would be so easy to stay home in our jammies and watch TV all day, but who said life was supposed to be easy? Plus, if we did that, we'd never get a picture like the one above.

7 comments:

  1. Margie, I love all of these pictures. I love it that your boys are so fashion forward! Macie has some serious dressing issues. She refuses to wear anything but one pair of jeans and two long sleeved shirts. She has literally worn those jeans every day for two weeks. I used to try and fight it, but it took way too much energy, and the result was always the same. I guess I can just be grateful that it should cool down soon - I always feel awkward sending her off to preschool in that outfit when it is 98 degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Reminds me of the days when I had 3 little ones to get to early am church on my own. Although, (I'm not a morning person either) I found that I preferred being able to get-up and get myself ready while they were still sleeping, get them each up one at a time, etc. Hang in there! They're cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahahahaha! It is NO doubt....that your pictures are PRICELESS! I love it Margie. Keepin' it real! And that is why your children will always LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you!!! ahaha So real and so true to what life is REAALY like. I love you!!!!! ♥

    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. gotta admit..your kids got style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can picture every single aspect of your pre-church excitement and it makes me miss you guys all the more. I love the outfits and the best part is, is that in the Burgh, they are seriously fashion forward:) and I know for a fact that you looked gorgeous even with muck on your clothes. You always do!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, where are earth did that Heinz commercial with Rex come from? That is hilarious. I love it - it should be on all the networks!!! Seriously, so awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't.....breath....laughing......soooo....hard........Oh how I can relate to this! (Except Mark won't give in like you or I do! haha) I LOVE your boys and their wonderful personalities!

    ReplyDelete