Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Fun Day



The boys got a kick out of pretending they were wearing painted flip flops...
...and surfing


We hit the Science Center early on Monday to avoid the crowds and had a fun time. We capped off our morning of fun with ice cream and soda at a fun old fashioned ice cream shop where you can still buy penny candy (although most was 15 cents and up). I had a yummy chocolate ice cream soda and the boys had a scoop of their favorite flavors...Strawberry for Rex and Cookie Dough for Felix. They washed it down with some Orange "Pop". We had a communication glitch when I referred to Pop as Soda. At this shop, they use the old fashioned terminology and back in the day, "soda" was a drink with ice cream and "pop" was simply a drink. I did grow up calling soda, pop, but moving west for a while cured me of that.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like MY kind of fun!!!!!!! Glad you are having a blast with your family!!! p.s. I ♥ your music!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete