Sunday, August 29, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten

So far I'm not a big fan of Kindergarten. It has only been one week, but I can't stand having Felix gone from 8:30 to 3:30 each day. I think about him all day long and race to the school when it's time to pick him up.
I love my little guy, and am not prepared for this next stage in his life.
He was nervous his first day, but was able to jump right in with a group of boys playing on the floor and say, "Hi!" Day one seemed fine. By day 3, he was ready to stay home. It was hard getting him out of bed. Day 4 was better, but on day 5 he said as I was dropping him off, "Another boring day at school." At least he doesn't chase me down the hall when I leave like another boy in his class (bless his heart).
Felix actually is adjusting well, but we sure miss him at home!!



I had to throw this picture in. I looked out the boy's bedroom window one school day and my heart skipped a beat when I saw this from a distance. I had to go outside and take a picture of my neighbor's trash.
Felix had been excited about riding the bus, but this was as close as he came.
I gladly drove him to school instead.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Felix what a BIG boy you are!!! No chasing mom down the hall! Please remind him of the weekend breaks, holidays, summer and other breaks he gets so he doesn't get tunnel vision. Isaac was much happier after I explained he DOES get breaks! It will get better little guy! You lucky duck...you get to ride the big yellow bus, too. Fun times! ♥

    aunt izzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full day kindergarten! I would have such a hard time with that! Glad Brayden is only gone a few hours, I need to work up to the gone all day thing! Isn't it crazy our boys are old enough for this stuff?

    ReplyDelete