Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Max Lucas













Max Lucas arrived on November 4th, 2013.  He weighed 10 lbs. 14 oz. and was 23" long.  He was a scheduled inducement coming 5 days late.  I knew he was big, so I was anxious to schedule a delivery.  Max was born during the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy.  We left for the hospital early Sunday morning leaving a dark, freezing house that had been without electricity or water for 6 days.  Max had been through a lot before his arrival:  a crazy mother dealing with the run of the house while his daddy worked and lived 400 miles away, a move to a new state, a fall at the pool shortly after moving which thankfully didn't injure him but sure did a number on Mommy, Superstorm Sandy, and finally an uncomfortable delivery due to his whopping size.  With all the not so good came good, too:  electricity was restored the day he was born and his sweet and calm spirit continually fills our home with joy.  Max will tell you his mommy is still crazy, and probably always will be with 4 kids to wrangle, but regardless of the chaos, he is such a pleasure and loved deeply.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww little sweet boy! What a blessing. And all of us moms are crazy, we have to be, because we love all our kiddos deeply, and that's just the way it is. So that is wonderful. You are an an amazing woman Margie. That was a long year to take, but you made it, and I think you have pulled it off with such class. You are a loving woman, wifey, mother, friend...that's why you keep plugging a long doing your duty in such a sweet way. You are a special, special girl. I love you and think of you OFTEN. Just wish I wasn't 2000 miles away...........

    I am glad you sweet sister in law was there for you guys. What an angel and lifesaver. I am glad your ward helped you out. I am thankful for little angels. What a great year it turned out to be for you in the end. Max is an angel!

    Love,

    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was certainly a day filled with GREAT news as the lights came back on and (more importantly) Baby Max joined our family! What a treasured memory Max and I will always share...thanks for letting me be part of the experience! <3

    ReplyDelete